Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mandi and Joe's Maternity Pics

Meet Mandi and Joe. They've been on the blog before, but not yet in their own post. Mandi is one of my oldest friends. We've known each other since the fourth grade, and our lives recently have been pretty much mirroring each other. We got engaged, married, and pregnant all within a few months of each other. Now she and her husband Joe live in Dallas and are expecting their first child this summer. Joe is in medical school and has been waking up at 3 every morning to go to the hospital, so I'm sure the last thing he wanted to do was take pictures when he got home, but as you can see, he was a very good sport. Mandi had some great pictures like the one above, but she is very modest, and I figured posting even this one would be pushing the line!
I love taking pictures in general, but I especially love taking pictures of people I know, because when I capture a look or some part of that person's personality that I know to be unique to that person, it's really cool. On the other hand, when I turn the camera on people I know, especially when they're interacting with someone else, sometimes I capture a moment that I didn't expect at all and probably wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for the camera.























































No comments: