Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanksgiving


We went to my Bobi & Dodi's (Grandma and Grandpa in Czech) in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving again this year. This was the first time my family (outside of our immediate families) was able to meet William, so I think we were all excited. It was also our dog Tino's first trip to the farm. Of course he loved it, but he was VERY wary of the cows. The first morning we were there Jonathan, Dodi, Tino, and my parents' dog, Blanche, went out to feed the cows. Tino was so intent on playing with Blanche that he didn't even notice the bull until he was about ten feet away and then he decided he was in trouble. His reaction was pretty funny;




...hiding behind Jonathan & Dodi.....




...if Blanche can get that close, then so can he...









When my sister and I were little, we used to lay on my dad's chest like this. William wasn't exactly in the mood at the moment though.



















All bundled up to go on a walk....it was COLD. The day after Thanksgiving it was 15 degrees when we got up!!














My aunt, uncle, cousin, and her daughter Sara came to the farm too. They came the night before we left, so we didn't have too much time with them, but it was still good to see them. For seven years Sara has been the only great-grandchild, so I think this was a bit of an adjustment for her, but she seemed to do really well with the new situation. Here is a picture of the two of them. (notice the extreme contrast in demeanor)





Jonathan's brother's girlfriend Vic bought William some overalls and gave them to us the weekend before Thanksgiving. We couldn't believe it when we pulled out the blue and white striped ones because Dodi has worn blue and white striped overalls almost every day of his life that I can remember. Vic of course didn't have any idea, she just liked the overalls. They are still big on William, but we brought them anyway to show Bobi and Dodi and take some pictures. Aren't they a pair?




















William with Bobi, his great-grandma...





My parents came back home with us after we left the farm to drop my mom off. I am back to work, finishing out this semester and my mom is staying with us to watch William while we are at work. My dad stayed a couple days too and tried to get in some bonding time before he had to leave.




Changing diapers is a family affair...

No comments: