Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bye Bye, Butterflies


Our butterflies hatched yesterday. 4 of the 5 came out at almost the same time while we were outside in the yard, so I was keeping a close eye on the last one so that we could see at least one actually coming out of the chrysalis. However, during the 10 minute span of time that I was reading to William before his nap, the 5th one emerged. The picture below is of him, taken just after I found him. You can see his wings are still curled up a bit on the edges.


We let the butterflies spend the night inside and this morning we took them out to release them. William was really excited about holding them and we got a couple to crawl onto my hand and then onto his. I tried to get Louie interested too, but all he wanted to do was get to the dogs' water bowl so that he could play in it. Oh well!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Great science project! Grandpa is pleased!