Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonathan


We celebrated Jonathan's birthday this past Monday night. No, he's not 82, I'm just on the wrong side of the cake.




I was told I have to post the recipe for this cake. It was a bit of a disaster at first - I started putting it together and it literally began falling apart off the cake plate so I dumped the whole thing in a trifle dish and topped it with the leftover frosting and toffee crumbles. It was REALLY good, and it was dubbed Emily's Whoops Cake. So if you want to try a really good, really rich cake, click here to see the recipe. The only thing I would change is to just start layering the cake in a trifle dish, but you could try to stack it normally if you like. Oh, and it takes a lot longer than 30 minutes. I don't know where they got that time from.





Here is my niece and goddaughter Evangeline trying out William's tricycle with her dad.






No comments: